Friday, April 25, 2014

Running Intervals

Today I went for a run but decided to switch it up from the usual and I found this to be more interesting. I ran this on a high school track so 4 laps = 1 mile. Furthermore, I burned 459 calories while doing this workout; of course every individuals results will be different depending on their age, health, and intensity but its still what I consider to be a good cardio workout.

1.) run a full mile (4 laps)

2.) walk a lap

3.) run 3 laps

4.) walk a lap backwards

5.) run 2 laps

6.) walk backwards 1 lap

7.) run 1 lap

8.) walk 1/2 lap

Side Note:

  • Don't forget to warm up and cool down properly 
    • The warm-up should consist of activities which incorporate the muscles that are about to be primarily used (lower body in this case) while slowly increasing your heart rate.
    • Cool down should in focus majorly on stretching out your muscles to prevent soreness and cramps
  • Lastly every time I ran I pushed my hardest halfway through the last lap.
RUN FOREST RUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment